The Pledge Of Allegiance

The Pledge Of Allegiance
God Bless America!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Taking Responsibility...

I have made a big decision in my life this past week...I do not want any children. Zero. None. Zilch.

Going to be getting my tubes tied next month, a real simple procedure that takes a few hours and a few days to recover. Had my consultation earlier this week with a nice older Asian woman, who was so nice 😊 She was very informative, patient, and understanding. I watched a video, read pamphlets, and was given options on how I wanted the procedure to go. I'm actually looking forward to getting this done, and put my mind and body at ease. πŸ˜ƒ

I like kids, other people's kids...sometimes not even then, but for myself...naahhhhhh! I don't want the responsibility. Honestly. There are some days, I don't even want to take care of myself, lol...bathe, brush my teeth, cook or fuckin' clean! πŸ˜πŸ‘ŒReal talk! I used to work with a older white woman, who had no kids and she was so adamant and passionate about it! No regrets! I used to look at her with "awe"...she would say, "not having children does not make you less of a woman, it speaks of a woman who is sure of herself and knows what she wants out of life". Amazing! I admired her for her words and as a woman, and now almost 8 years later, I myself feel the same way.

My decision really was not that hard to make. Raising a child in the world today is "not an act of kindness". So much going on with the economy, who to trust, and not everyone should have children. An absolute fact! I have friends and co-workers who have "horror stories" on dealing with the kids father or mother. That shit is not for me. I go thru the bullshit when I decide I don't want to date, go out with, or have a boyfriend...no way in hell do I want a child and have 18yrs of misery! No Thank You! I've now established myself in my careers,and that's what's most important to me right now. All my time and energy is put into that, I don't want to falter, nor be distracted in any way. One day I will give all my unconditional love to some man, who will love me unconditionally as well... if not I'll just get a cat or a dog!!! πŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸ’‹✌

Stay tuned...